This website is operated by Volume; subsidiary of M.Y Associates Company Limited registration number 110482361 under the Myanmar Companies Act 1914 on 2 January 1996 as a Private Company Limited by Shares. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us”, “Company”, and “our” refers to Volume. Volume offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
For your convenience, we have listed below some general information about ourselves:
– We are VolumeYangon.com and our business address is 12 Parami Road, Mayangone Township, Yangon, Myanmar 11061. If you have an order related query, you may contact us as follows:
Phone: +959 969 791970
E-mail: [email protected]
We are open from 10AM to 5PM Daily; including all major holidays unless otherwise noticed
Section B – Alcoholic Liquor, Chapter IV Excise Arrangements and Licenses Under The Myanmar Excise Rules, 1928
VolumeYangon.com is approved by The Republic of the Union of Myanmar Ministry of Commerce Department of Trade under registration number AB0020/2020-2021. As the license-holder, we do not knowingly sell or dispose of any alcoholic liquor either directly or indirectly under cover of the license to –
- Soldier in uniform
- Police Officer in uniform
- Excise Officer in uniform
- Any railway servant on duty
- Any insane person
- Any intoxicated person; or
- Any person below the age of 18 years
If you would like to buy any Goods on this Website, please click on ‘Place Order’. This will be an offer from you to buy the Goods. We reserve the right to reject any offer received from you. If we accept your offer, we will notify you by the email provided. A legally binding contract will be formed between us at the time of sending the notification to you. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. We may vary our terms and conditions at any time.
All orders are accepted by us (“the Company”) subject to and in accordance with these Conditions. These Conditions override and exclude any terms or conditions in or referred to in any negotiations or course of dealing between the Company and you (“the Customer”) or set out in the Customer’s standard terms and conditions. If there is any conflict between the other provisions of this Web Site and these Conditions; or the provisions of your order and these Conditions then, unless the Company otherwise agrees in writing, these Conditions will prevail. Together with any terms accepted by the Company in writing in connection with your order, these Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Company and the Customer. No variation to these Conditions is permitted unless expressly authorized in writing by a director of the Company.
Prices are in Myanmar Kyat, inclusive of 5% Commercial Tax. Payment methods offered are via Cash on Delivery, online VISA/MASTERCARD/JCB/MPU payment, mobile payment solution, or QR code payment. The Company has used all reasonable endeavors to ensure that prices are accurately set out in the Web Site but reserves the right to change its prices without notice at any time.
Payment is due in cleared funds prior to dispatch of Goods. We accept most major types of card but do not accept Amex. Our online payment is powered by 2C2P; a full-suite payments platform trusted by global businesses. This is to ensure that all payments are made on a secure network and customers are protected against fraudulent activity.
The Company reserves the right to decline to trade with any company or person. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the Company adopts the following policy at all its delivery/collection points set forth by Chapter IV Excise Arrangements and Licenses Under The Myanmar Excise Rules, 1928. We apply this policy to all delivery and collection orders. We will not supply if the person receiving or collecting orders are in conflict with the terms set out.
Once order is accepted, no order may be cancelled without the prior written or verbal agreement from us. Orders may be accepted by the Company by dispatching the Goods, but dispatch will not be acceptance where the price has been incorrectly quoted or referenced by the Customer in its order.
The Company will use reasonable endeavors to dispatch Goods ordered before 12 noon Monday to Friday on the day of order and any Goods ordered after that time the next working day. This is provided that the Goods are in stock. The Company will use reasonable endeavors to meet delivery and/or performance estimates, but in no circumstances shall it be liable to compensate the Customer for late delivery performance.
Volume does not appoint 3rd party delivery partners; ALL deliveries in Yangon are carried out inhouse with our own logistics team. For orders outside of Yangon, Volume may appoint 3rd party delivery partner as we see fit. Under no circumstances will Volume be held responsible or liable in any way for any claims, damages, losses, expense, costs of liabilities after we have surrendered the product to 3rd party delivery partner.
Where Goods ordered are not in the catalogue or are non-stock items, it may not be possible for the Company to arrange same or next day working dispatch, but the Company will make reasonable endeavors to notify the lead times for Goods, where known.
Delivery will be made to the address specified by the Customer at check-out.
For wine orders below 3 bottles regardless of bottle size 187.5ml/ 375ml/ 750ml/ 1.5L or above – a fixed delivery fees will apply.
|Township Name||Postal Code||Fixed Rate (kyats)|
|Aung San – Insein||11012||7000|
|Thamine – Mayangone||11062||2000|
|North Dagon Myothit||11421||4000|
|South Dagon Myothit||11431||9000|
|Hlaing Thar Yar||11401||7000|
|Kabar Aye – Mayangone||11061||1000|
|Mingalar Taung Nyunt||11221||5000|
|Pyi Thar Yar – Yankin||11082||3000|
|Shwe Pyi Thar||11411||11000|
|Shwepaukan – North Okkalapa||11032||7000|
|Thamine College – Hlaing||11052||2000|
|Theingyi market – Pebedan||11142||5000|
|Thuwunna – Thingangyun||11072||4000|
6. Inspection, defects and non-delivery
The Customer must inspect the Goods as soon as is reasonably practicable.
The quantity of any consignment of Goods, as recorded by the Company upon dispatch from the Company’s place of business, shall be conclusive evidence of the quantity received by the Customer on delivery, unless the Customer can provide conclusive evidence to the contrary.
7. Returns and refunds.
We take great pride in ensuring the wine we dispatch is received in pristine condition. However, sometimes issues happen between our door and your table. We want to help resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Please see below for our policies regarding wine shipments.
If you receive your wine and it has been damaged during shipment, please email us at [email protected] within 3 days of receiving the shipment. Include a description of the damages and include pictures if possible. This information is extremely helpful to us in making sure that our products are packaged and shipped properly. We will arrange for the damaged products to be replaced.
However, to be eligible for a full refund,
1. Your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unopened or unused
2. Bottle label must be intact, and in its original packaging
3. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase
4. You can only refund products with defects within 3 days
Returns will fall into one of two categories as outlined below:
1. In case of products of which the quality has been compromised and if all of the above conditions are satisfied, we will refund the value of the returned product(s), Sales Tax included, with the exception of any original shipping costs.
2. In case of dissatisfaction with the product of which the quality is uncompromised and if all of the above conditions are satisfied, Volume will offer a suitable replacement within the same price group.
We will not issue any refunds for returns that do not satisfy all of the conditions indicated above.
8. Approved Refunds
Once refunds are approved, they will be refunded in the same method as the payment method. For example, all cash transactions will be refunded with cash, while all credit card transactions will be refunded back to the same card you use to purchase on our website.
The date of reimbursement to the credit card depends on the bank that issued the card.
All specifications, drawings, illustrations, data sheets, descriptions and particulars of weights, dimensions, capacity or other details including, without limitation, any statements regarding compliance with legislation or regulation wherever they appear, (including on dispatch notes, invoices or packaging) are intended to give a general idea of the Goods.
10. Risk and ownership
The risk of damage to or loss of Goods will pass to the Customer when the Goods are unloaded from the Company’s carriers at the Customer’s premises. Ownership of the Goods shall pass at the same time the Goods are unloaded.
11. Intellectual property rights
The Goods are subject to the intellectual and industrial property rights including patents, know-how, trademarks, copyright, design rights utility rights, database rights and/ or other rights of the Company and third parties. No right or license is granted to the Customer, except the right to use or re-sell the Goods with a written agreement with Volume for the Customer’s ordinary course of business.
We collect personal data about you in order to:
1. Perform our contractual obligations to you. This would include:
- delivering your orders to you;
- making or receiving payments (including speedy checkout);
- collecting and recovering money owed;
- supplying the purchased goods or services and keeping proper records of those transactions; and
- updating you on the progress of your order;
2. Comply with our own legal and industry obligations. This would include processing your date of birth data for the purposes of confirming you are 18 or over and therefore legally able to purchase alcohol;
3. Administer and run our business. This would include processing your Internal Social Data:
• for the purposes of publishing on our website or app (or social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc); and
• in our marketing materials to help us tell other customers about our products and services;
4. Use data analytics (including Google Analytics and e-mail services providers), to identify usage trends, determine and measure the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising and to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences. This would include processing your Usage Data for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website, emails and services;
5. Manage our relationship with you including:
- to notify you if you have asked us to let you know when an item is back in stock;
- where you have paid with a gift card and there is a balance remaining, to remind you that the balance will be available as a credit to use on further purchases;
- if you have opened an account with us, to confirm your registration;
- contacting you if you have asked us to contact you by completing a Contact Form via our website;
- contacting you if you have asked for a password reminder or reset;
- to send you important notices such as communications about changes to our terms and conditions and policies (including this policy);
- to send you information you have requested;
- to e-mail you when you have placed items in your shopping basket but not proceeded to payment;
- to ask you to leave a review or feedback on us; and
- to respond to, provide clarification on, resolve issues in relation to, or otherwise communicate with you in relation to, any enquiry you may have.
6. Make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you, deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising. This would include, for example, telling you about our new arrivals, pop ups/events and promotions, advertising our products and services to you on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. We may also use Marketing Data to exclude you from seeing advertisements from such third-party websites;
7. Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, promotions, any prize draws or competitions;
8. Protect our business including to deal with any misuse of our website and to comply with our security policies at our locations;
10. To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities (and to assist regulators, trade bodies and law enforcement agencies in relation to the same); and
Personal data about other people which you provide to us
Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so. If you do share personal data about someone else (such as the recipient of a gift, one of your directors or employees, or someone with whom you have business dealings) with us, you must ensure you have their authorization, that you are entitled to disclose that personal data to us and that, without our taking any further steps, we may collect, use and disclose that personal data as described in this policy.
Where you do share personal data about someone else with us, you must ensure the individual concerned is aware of the various matters detailed in this policy, as those matters relate to that individual, including our identity, how to contact us, the way in which we collect and use personal data and our personal data disclosure practices, that individual’s right to obtain access to the personal data and make complaints about the handling of the personal data, and the consequences if the personal data is not provided.
The sources from which we obtain your personal data. We obtain your personal data from the following sources:
- Directly from you, either in person (at our stores, other locations or otherwise), via e-mail, our website or social media or by telephone;
- From someone else, such as analytics providers (e.g. Google Analytics), our provider of customer feedback, advertising networks, search information providers, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, providers of social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) (for example where you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, or Instagram).
Accuracy of personal data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current and we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that this is the case but we do not undertake to check or verify the accuracy of personal data provided by you. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us either by logging onto your account on the website or by contacting us. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal data that you provide to us.
In the event that the Company sends promotional material to the Customer in relation to goods available from the Company, these Conditions shall apply to all Goods purchased from such material.
The Customer represents and warrants that it is not on the Denied Persons, Specially Designated Nationals or Debarred Persons List and is not otherwise prohibited by law from purchasing the Goods. The Company reserves the right not to supply certain customers or countries and to require from the Customer full details of the end use and final destination of the Goods.
15. Force majeure
The Company shall not be liable to the Customer in any manner or be deemed to be in breach of these Conditions because of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of the Company’s obligations under this Contract if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Company’s reasonable control (which shall include, but not be limited to government actions, war, fire, explosion, flood, pandemic, import or export regulations or embargoes, labor disputes or inability to obtain or a delay in obtaining supplies of Goods or labor). The Company may, at its option, delay the performance of, or cancel the whole or any part of a Contract.
16. Legal construction
All Contracts shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with laws of Myanmar.